Why is PhD in Chemistry at the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń worth choosing?
Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń is one of the top five universities in Poland. Faculty of Chemistry at NCU is one of the best Faculties of Chemistry in Poland. We offer PhD studies in all main areas of Chemistry.Individual work of students with professors (ratio of about 2:1) is preferred.
- PhD in Chemistry at NCU is based on experimental research. The graduate program gives you the opportunity to learn the advanced problems of science and to put into practice the theory you have learned during MSc studies.
- PhD program is focused on the original research. Study is under the direct supervision of the staff.
- PhD students are engaged in teaching on BSc and MSc courses. PhD graduates are acquainted with practical skills of teaching.
- Our Faculty cooperates closely with Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz (Medical University previously) and Centre for Modern Interdisciplinary Technologies Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń.
- NCU has one of the biggest and modern Library in Poland (above 3 million books and documents).
- Every PhD student has the opportunity to learn Polish language easily in everyday life and the University also runs Polish language courses: http://www.umk.pl/en/admissions/phd_studies/polish_courses/.
- NCU offers students a wide range of cultural, recreation and sports activities. Students can spend free time in state-of-the-art University Sport Centre (with swimming pool and climbing wall), in Students Cultural Centre “Od Nowa” (festivals, cinema, concerts, exhibitions, meetings) or in many students clubs. Toruń is a city of traditions and famous historical places. Students will find here not only interesting historical monuments (UNESCO World Heritage List) but also the diversity of tourist attractions of the region. More information: http://www.visittorun.pl/ andhttp://www.visitkujawsko-pomorskie.pl/kpot,233,0,0.html.
- Nice town, great life!
Type of Study: Doctoral research.
Study Options: full time.
Duration: 4 years, full-time.
Start date: beginning of October, please contact the Office directly for further information.
Exam: no entrance exam.
Candidate with a MSc diploma in the field of chemistry of foreign universities is eligible for admission to PhD studies in Chemistry, paid studies conducted in English. Validation of diploma is necessary. In the case of applicant with bachelor’s degree diploma, the applicant is required to complete education at the second cycle studies (MSc) at the Faculty of Chemistry.
Document with information about courses during the studies and obtained evaluations must be attached.
- individual studies: for 1 person/pay-per-year – 37,500 PLN/ca. 9,200 EUR/ca. 10,300 USD,
- group of 6 PhD students: 1 person/pay-per-year – 22,500 PLN/ca. 5,520 EUR/ca. 6,200 USD.
- Please contact the Office directly for further information.
- PhD programme
- Individual framework of the doctoral studies
- PhD Studies at NCU: http://www.umk.pl/en/admissions/phd_studies/
- How to apply – Required documents: http://www.umk.pl/en/admissions/phd_studies/phd_documents/
More information about Nicolaus Copernicus University: http://www.umk.pl/en/